Peanut Butter and Jelly Dessert Muffins:
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stir Jelly (by the teaspoon for filling)
2 cups whipping cream
2T confectioners sugar
1 1/2 cups raspberries,puréed and strained through mesh strainer
1 T unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
Sprinkle gelatin over water in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time until gelatin blooms and is fully dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. (Must not be warm!!!!) using mixer begin beating together whipping cream and sugar until peaks begin to form. Drizzle in raspberries while continuing to beat at high speed. When incorporated, drizzle in cooled gelatin. Continue beating until firm. Spoon into wine glasses topped with dark chocolate shavings. Note: this also makes an incredible filling for cakes!!!
Vanilla bean pots de creme
2-1/2 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup milk (I use whole)
1 vanilla bean
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
Whisk together first three ingredients in a saucepan. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into mixture then add in pod. Heat over medium heat until got to touch. (Do not boil or simmer! -should just become hot!) remove from heat, cover. Let steep for 1 hour.
In a separate bowl, whisk together 6 egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar. Warm cream mixture until just warm to touch. Add small amount on mixture to beaten egg yolks to temper. Continue adding and whisking in cream until all combined. Strain through mesh strainer. Can either be refrigerated or prepared now
Preheat oven to 300F. Bring a full kettle of water to boil. Pour mixture into small containers. (I used 6 ounce ramekins.) Cover (some come with them if you do not have them use a heavy duty plastic wrap topped with aluminum foil). Place into large baking dish then place dish on baking sheet. Place on middle rack in oven, leaving it pulled out a few inches. Pour boiling water into baking dish until about halfway up side of ramekin. Bake for about 30-55 minutes depending on size and if chilled. (Mine were six ounces and refrigerated- final bake time was 50 minutes) they are ready when that shake like jello when gently jiggled. Remove immediately from water bath and cool on a wire rack. When cool, place into refrigerator for 8 hours. Enjoy as is or top with fresh berries, chocolate shavings, etc.
White Wedding Cupcakes with Classic American Buttercream Frosting
1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups water
2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (you’ll need approx. 36).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended.
3. Use ice cream scoop to fill prepared cupcake tins- fill about 3/4 full. Bake about 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Classic American Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or ½ pound), softened (but not melted!) Ideal texture should be like ice cream.
- 3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.
Brownie Oreo Trifle
• Two boxes of your favorite fudgey brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix)
• One to two packages of double stuffed Oreos (depending on how much you love Oreos)
• Two jars of store bough hot fudge (feel free to use any brand or even make your own)
• Two packages of cream cheese ( room temperature)
• One package of instant vanilla pudding (any brand)
• Two packages of instant chocolate pudding (any brand)
• Two containers of cool whip
1. Making the brownies. Follow the directions on the box. Cut into small squares.
2. Crush all the Oreos into pieces, set aside.
3. Make vanilla and chocolate pudding according to packages. Set aside.
4. Take softened cream cheese and beat until smooth.
5. Fold vanilla pudding into softened cream cheese. Set aside.
6. Fold one container of cool whip with the chocolate pudding to create a mouse.
7. Heat hot fudge until smooth and liquidy.
Start by pouring some hot fudge into the bottom of your trifle dish. Next place the brownies into a single layer. Later, with the chocolate mouse. Cover mouse with a layer of Oreo crumbs. Next, layer cream cheese pudding mixture. Pour hot fudge over cream cheese layer. Repeat steps until trifle dish is almost full. Top with cool whip and Oreo crumbs. Enjoy!
1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 Stick Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Sugar
16 Oz. Soft Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Spray bottom springform
Stir crust ingredients. Press in bottom and sides of pan.
Preheat to 325 degrees
Bake 8-10 minutes then cool completely
Reduce heat to 250 degrees
Beat cream cheese and gradually add sugar
Add eggs, sour cream, lemon juice (or lemon juice zest) and mix well
Pour into pan
Place shallow pan of water on bottom rack.mplace springform above rack and bake 1 hour 15 minutes
Turn off oven and leave in with the door closed for one extra hour.